How to use “MOD” function in Excel
MOD function is used to get the remainder of number that is divided by divisor.
MOD Function has two required arguments i.e. number and divisor.
number argument is the used to give the number/cell reference of which you want remainder
divisor argument is used to give number/cell reference from which number should be divided
Example 1: MOD function with various cases
Here, we have sample database and want to get the remainder:
- “Column A” shows number argument value/cell reference, of which you want remainder
- “Column B” shows the divisor argument value/cell reference
- “Column C” shows the sample formula applied,
- “Column D” shows the output of the function and,
- Explanation is provided in “Columns E”
Things to Remember:
– If divisor is 0, Output returns “#DIV/0!” error
– Output value sign would be same as divisor
Hope you learnt this Function,
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments!
If you liked this article and want to learn more similar tricks, please Subscribe us or follow us on Social Media by clicking below buttons: