How to use Excel Function LOWER?
Example 1: Changing sentence to LOWER CASE
Here we have some examples where in “Column A” various type of strings are available and are required to be changed to “LOWER CASE”. Output of the function returns value in ”Column B” and explanation is also provided.
text argument, “A2” is the cell reference for text that is to be changed to “LOWER CASE”
– Output in Cell “B2” is showing that the string is changed to Lower Case.
– Output in Cell “B5” is including text and number and no impact in “Numbers” are shown.
– Output in Cell “B8” has only Special Characters and there is no impact of “LOWER Case” function.
Things to Remember:
– Number/ Punctuation/ Space/ Special Characters will not have any impact of Function
– If cell reference is not correctly provided in the function, then it will give output as “#VALUE!” (Error)
– Function should give output in “General” format, however if output is not as per the desired format then we need to change the cell format to “GENERAL”
Hope you learnt this Function,
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments!
If you liked this article and want to learn more similar tricks, please Subscribe to us.
Secrets of Excel Data Visualization: Beginners to Advanced Course
Here is another best rated Excel Charts and Graph Course from ExcelSirJi. This courses also includes On Demand Videos, Practice Assignments, Q&A Support from our Experts.
This Course will enable you to become Excel Data Visualization Expert as it consists many charts preparation method which you will not find over the internet.
So Enroll now to become expert in Excel Data Visualization. Click here to Enroll.
Excel VBA Course : Beginners to Advanced
We are offering Excel VBA Course for Beginners to Experts at discounted prices. The courses includes On Demand Videos, Practice Assignments, Q&A Support from our Experts. Also after successfully completion of the certification, will share the success with Certificate of Completion
This course is going to help you to excel your skills in Excel VBA with our real time case studies.
Lets get connected and start learning now. Click here to Enroll.
Use Automated Excel Utility Tools to increase productivity
Hope you are enjoying learning Excel with us, if you want any support related to this article, please do comment else you can ask questions in Excel Community