How to use “ROW” function in Excel
ROW function is used to get the row reference number of the excel worksheet.
ROW Function has only one argument i.e. reference, where we need to give cell address/ reference.
reference argument is used to give the cell reference for which row sequence number is required
Example 1: Exploring “ROW” function with examples:
Here we have some examples, where:
- “Column A to B” is a database
- “Column C” shows the sample formula applied,
- “Column D” shows the output of the function and,
- Explanation is provided in Column “E”
We will be using ROW function as follows:
Things to Remember:
– If Range of cells given in reference argument, then function output will be leftmost row sequence number
– If cell reference is not given in reference argument, then function output will be row sequence number of formula cell.
Hope you learnt this Function,
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments!
If you liked this article and want to learn more similar tricks, please Subscribe us or follow us on Social Media by clicking below buttons: