Watch Excel Tutorial Video – Excel Function – Indirect
Example 1: INDIRECT function with various criteria:
Here, we have sample database and want to convert texts into cell reference:
- “Column A to B” has sales details,
- “Column D” shows the ref_text argument value, that is applied,
- “Column E” shows the sample formula applied,
- “Column F” shows the output of the function and,
- Explanation is provided in Columns “G”
We will be using INDIRECT function as follows:
Things to Remember:
– If no value or “TRUE” provided in [a1] argument, by default it considers ref_text as A1 style
– If [a1] argument is “FALSE” then it considers ref_text as R1C1 style
–A1 style means: columns are presented using letters (A-Z) and rows using numbers (1,2,3…)
–R1C1 style means: rows are presented using R1, R2, R3… and columns are presented using C1, C2, C3.
Hope you learnt this Function,
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments!