Excel Function SUMPRODUCT
SUMPRODUCT function has one required argument i.e. array1 and optional argument i.e. [array2]… pulvinar dapibus leo.
[array2] is optional argument and is used to give another range for which you want to multiply and then sum
… means, we can add multiple range by separating them with comma ( , )
Example 1: Excel Function SUMPRODUCT with cell range
- “Column A” shows the array1 argument range,
- “Column B” shows the array2 argument range,
- “Column C” shows the sample formula applied and,
- “Column D” shows the output of the function,
SUMPRODUCT Function will first multiply the values within arrays i.e. 1st value of 1st array, multiply with 1st value of 2nd array (2*1=2)
+ 2nd value of 1st array, multiply with 2nd value of 2nd array (6*5=30)
+ 3rd value of 1st array, multiply with 3rd value of 2nd array (3*4=12)
and then, Sum all the values i.e. 2+30+12=44
i.e. =A2*B2 + A3*B3 + A4*B4 = 44
Things to Remember:
– If function has only one array (i.e. range) then it will Sum all the values
– Multiple ranges can be applied in function by separating them with comma ( , )
– Text/ Blank values will be considered as zero (i.e. 0)
– If No values in range is provided in array argument, then output will return as 0 (zero)
Secrets of Excel Data Visualization: Beginners to Advanced Course
Here is another best rated Excel Charts and Graph Course from ExcelSirJi. This courses also includes On Demand Videos, Practice Assignments, Q&A Support from our Experts.
This Course will enable you to become Excel Data Visualization Expert as it consists many charts preparation method which you will not find over the internet.
So Enroll now to become expert in Excel Data Visualization. Click here to Enroll.
Use Automated Excel Utility Tools to increase productivity
Hope you are enjoying learning Excel with us, if you want any support related to this article, please do comment else you can ask questions in Excel Community
Hope you learnt this Function,
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments!
If you liked this article and want to learn more similar tricks, please Subscribe us or follow us on Social Media by clicking below buttons: