Custom Calendar Control for MS Access
MS Access by default provides inbuilt functionality to pick dates using calendar control; however it lacks few basic functionalities which makes selecting a date bit difficult. For example, if you want to select a date from year 2015 then you need to navigate multiple times to select correct date since you can move only one month at a time in MS Access calendar control. Looking at this common challenge, I have developed a custom calendar control in MS Access form which makes selection of date much easier
To Use Custom Calendar Control for MS Access Follow below steps:
5. Under Forms tab select Calendar and click on OK
6. You will receive a confirmation message once import is complete, click on Close to proceed
7. Now the Custom Calendar Control is ready to use. To use it on the existing form (here it is Form1), open the form in design mode
8. Add a command button adjacent to the text box control where you want to show the selected date
9. Change the following properties of Command Button
10. In the Picture property of Command Button, select calendar
11. Create an On Click Event Procedure of Command Button
12. Click on ‘…’ to create the procedure in VBA screen
13. Add the following code in the click event procedure
DoCmd.OpenForm "Calendar", acNormal If IsDate(txtDate.Value) = True Then Form_Calendar.LoadCalendarForm txtDate.Value Else Form_Calendar.LoadCalendarForm End If Form_Calendar.lblFormName.Tag = Me.Name Form_Calendar.lblControlName.Tag = "txtDate"
Note: In the above code txtDate is the control name where the selected date will be displayed. In your tool if this control name is different, you can replace the same in above code.
14. Done, save your project and open the form
15. Click on the Calendar button to select a date
Download Practice File
Hope you liked this article. Please share it with your colleagues and comment your views below.