How to protect and share your workbook?
Creating beautiful and professional dashboards, projects always lead you to success however there are places when you wanted to protect your dashboards, sheets, cells to prevent users to make unnecessary editing because it can change calculations, sheets and sometimes, finish the essence of the project
So here we are talking about few features which can protect your excel sheets, projects, dashboards etc. Let’s have a look:
1. PROTECT EXCEL SHEETS
- Open an excel workbook > “Review” Tab > “Protect Sheet”
So here is small glimpse of protecting excel sheet:
2. SHARE YOUR EXCEL SHEET WITH OTHER USERS
Whenever two users want to work on one excel sheet at the same time, we use “Share Workbooks” option. This feature is amazing and allow multiple users to work on it at the same time:
- Open an excel workbook > “Review” Tab > Click on “Share Workbook”
Below window will appear on your screen. So there are two tabs at the top:
Note: Few things to remember while using this “Shared Workbook” Option:
- “Shared Workbook” option cannot be used when you have “Tables” or “XML Maps” & “Data Connection” activated in your workbook
- “Protect Sheet” option should be activated before sharing the workbook else you will not be able to “Protect Sheets”
- There are multiple options which cannot be used in “Sharing Workbook” option like “Merge & Centre”, “No Shapes, Data Objects, Charts, Pictures etc.” can be inserted while workbook is in “Shared Workbook” mode
3. PROTECT WORKBOOK
When you are tracking changes, it might be possible that people may delete the changes being done in the sheet however “Protect Workbook” helps to prevent users to turning off the changes. It just help to save the “Track Changes” data
Hope you like this article. You may comment here, if you have any doubts. We are here to help you
Secrets of Excel Data Visualization: Beginners to Advanced Course
Here is another best rated Excel Charts and Graph Course from ExcelSirJi. This courses also includes On Demand Videos, Practice Assignments, Q&A Support from our Experts.
This Course will enable you to become Excel Data Visualization Expert as it consists many charts preparation method which you will not find over the internet.
So Enroll now to become expert in Excel Data Visualization. Click here to Enroll.
Excel VBA Course : Beginners to Advanced
We are offering Excel VBA Course for Beginners to Experts at discounted prices. The courses includes On Demand Videos, Practice Assignments, Q&A Support from our Experts. Also after successfully completion of the certification, will share the success with Certificate of Completion
This course is going to help you to excel your skills in Excel VBA with our real time case studies.
Lets get connected and start learning now. Click here to Enroll.